Simple Present Tense
- I go to office daily at 9.00 o’clock
- We brush our teeth twice a day.
- They water the plants regularly.
- Aishwarya looks beautiful.
- Sachin plays cricket.
- He goes to English class at 6.00 o’clock.
- She visits our farm regularly.
- I don’t play football.
- He doesn’t like to eat non-veg
THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE IS USED:
- To express habits, general truths, repeated actions or unchanging situations, emotions and wishes:
I smoke (habit); I work in London (unchanging situation); London is a large city (general truth)
- To give instructions or directions:
You walk for two hundred meters, then you turn left.
- To express fixed arrangements, present or future:
Your exam starts at 09.00
- To express future time, after some conjunctions: after, when, before, as soon as, until: He’ll give it to you when you come next Saturday.
You Play Cricket .
You do not play Cricket
Do you play cricket?
When do you play cricket?
Sachin Plays football
Sachin does not play football.
Does Sachin play football?
When does sachin play football?
They bath daily
They do not bath daily
Do they bath daily?
When do they Bath?
Fill in the Blanks
- Every year his family ____________ to Europe for two weeks. (go)
- Tammy and Jen ______________ a Pilates class on Wednesday mornings.(take)
- __________ that airline __________ to Paris? (fly)
- The semester _____________ until the end of June. (not finish)
- Tony usually _________ to call his mother in the mornings. (try)
- _______________ for your car expenses? (Who/pay)
- The shops ___________ until 21:00. (not close)
- Gerard _________ the ball and __________ it into the net. (receive/kick)
- _________times a day _____ you _____ your dogs for a walk? (take)
- ________ he always ________ his cell phone for long distance calls? (use)
- doesn’t finish
- Who pays
- don’t close
- How many/do/take
Pune Training Institute – The Best Spoken English Classes in Pune.