PART OF SPEECH
Parts OF Speech Poem
- A noun’s the name of anything,
As house or garden, hoop, or swing.
- Instead of nouns the pronouns stand-
Her head, your face, his arm, my hand.
- Adjectives tell the kind of noun,
As great, small, pretty, white, or brown.
- Verbs tell of something to be done-
To read, count, sing, talk, laugh, or run.
- How things are done the adverbs tell,
As slowly, quickly, ill, or well
- Conjunctions join the words together, As men and women, wind or weather.
- The preposition stands before
A noun, as in or through a door.
- The interjection shows surprise,
As Oh! How Pretty; Ah! How wise.
- That’s why we learn the parts of speech
Which reading, writing, speaking teach.
- ‘Cause grammar needs to be correct
To help you earn the world’s respect.